Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Since my blog is for and about ADD, I have decided to start taking brief digressions to ramble about some things that may be deemed slightly off point. I've been working diligently to repair a damaged relationship between a consultant and a Fortune 100 company I work with. I failed. But, I did learn a valuable lesson in the process: The problem with a huge ego is that when it gets bruised, the injury can be quite serious.

OK, that's my random thought for the day. More to come...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Posted at 4:35AM! That's early. The more you and I talk the more I realize that I too was more than likely an ADD poster child as I was growing up. I began to remember meeting people from my childhood in my early adult years. As they pinched my cheeks or patted me on the head, many of their comments were along the lines of "You never were one to sit still for very long"; "I remember you always bouncing your leg whenever you were sitting down, and that wasn't too very often"; or my all time favorite "I remember you always buzzing around everywhere like a green fly." Those comments used to bother me immensely. But as I've watched my son grow into the man he is, I've come to accept them as just part of the person I was, not who I am today. There's a real big difference in the two.

Julie English said...

Great book about when egos get in the way is Egonomics by David Marcum and Steven Smith. The book states that the ego is either a benifit or a liability and the balancing point is HUMILITY. What a novel concept. I really enjoyed this book and it even challenged me to look at my ego in a new light. Maybe next time you are up at 4 AM you could read a chapter, it might just help you back to sleep.